True Natural Beauty comes from within...

True Natural Beauty comes from within...
Welcome, to my natural bath / beauty and clean eating blog, where nature is our pantry....take a few quiet moments to enjoy free recipes and tutorials using natural ingredients. Have questions about recipes or where to find these ingredients? Put your question in the comment box and I will be happy to answer .............Anna

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How to make milk lotion.

Milk in lotion is naturally nourishing, moisturizing, and rejuvenating to 
your skin due to it's lactic acid,proteins, and Vitamins A, E and D which are 
essential to healthy skin.  The milk proteins help to soothe
dry and damaged skin, minor sun burns, and soften rough skin.
 Milk in a quality body lotion improves skin elasticity,  leaving it supple,
 healthy and radiant.  Antioxidant rich.

Here is a link to a tutorial and recipe to help you make your own
 quality milk lotion at home
by Susie from Our Simple Farm  (click link).

 Susie's recipe is using goats milk, I made the same recipe with pasteurized cows milk,
 and it came out gorgeous ! A real winning recipe !
Pictures below of my version of Susie's recipe. Click link above to get Susie's recipe, or comment below for help from me for formulating your own.

If making this, please take note of Susie's sterilization methods from her video.







Any question? Need more on this?  Just comment below !

Enjoy,   Anna


11 comments:

Zumbachick said...

I have been making Susie's goat milk lotion for a year now (with goat milk) and my customers LOOOOVE it! (so do I!) It's perfect for our long New England winters...

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Oh Hi Loyda, good to hear from you again.

I was so pleased to find Susie's great recipe and tutorial, I just had to try it, but did not have goats milk on hand, sigh. So, in my impatience I tried cows milk, and it turned out so lovely. My family loves it. I am definitely going to get goats milk and try it next. I thought about coconut milk as well.

take care, Anna

Unknown said...

Hi cant find the list on how to make this wonderful goats milk cream. Sorry it might be me I'm wondering am I missing something? I'm loving everything I read and learn thankyou ☺

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Tina, sorry if I didn't make the link clear above, you have to click on "Our Simple Farm" ... here it is again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4a0MWJpC_s

This is a YouTube video made by Susie Shock that shows you how to make goat milk lotion. It is a great tutorial that walks you thru the whole process. I then put in a picture documentary of my milk lotion that I made with pasteurized cow milk that came out awesome!
Anna

Rhynesme Rini said...

Dear Anna, I want to know what kind of oil and butter do you use for this ?
Thanks a bunch

Unknown said...

Hi Anna , i want to make the goat milk lotion but am not sure how warm to make milk and oils , can you give a tempature for these. thanks so much Sheila

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Sheila, I haven't tested the temp of the milk/oils yet when I make this, but I will next batch I make, and will edit this post! I warm milk and oils in the microwave, not too hot to hinder the preservative, warm enough to blend the milk and oils.

If you get a chance, take a look at this YouTube video made by Susie Shock that gave me the inspiration for my (cow) milk lotion. I use a stick blender to blend my lotion, in this video Susie uses a table blender. You will get a good feel on how to make milk lotion from her video.
You can start with this recipe or change up the oils and make your own as I did. It's a great starting point. Good luck. It's a lot of fun. Anna :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4a0MWJpC_s

Unknown said...

Hi Anna, first thank you so much for your wonderful website. It is so nice of you to share so much information. I have been making goats milk soap for a while and am ready to take the next step with lotion. I have a couple of questions. Is this a non refrigerated recipe? How long does it stay good for? And does this change with the milk to water ratio? i.e. with less milk and more water will it keep longer? Or is that all dependent on the amount of preservative you use?
Thank you so much , Clara

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Hi Clara, thanks for the kind words!

With the preservative added to this lotion recipe you do not have to keep it refrigerated.
It has kept for me for over a year with the correct amount of preservative in it.

Here is a link to a gal that makes a great goats milk lotion video. This helped me get started. I basically do what she does, except I do not use a blender. I use a stick blender, it works great. Actually watching someone make something really helps.

I like the ratio of half water and half milk personally, because I like how it feels. Many use all milk and it works just fine with their preservative.

Hope this helps, if I can help you with anything else feel free to email me:
natureshomespa@gmail.com

best,
Anna

Anna from Natures Home Spa said...

Clara,
Sorry, forgot to add the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4a0MWJpC_s

It can also be found in my blog post.

Unknown said...

Hi Anna, I absolutely love your video on goat's milk lotion!! I was wondering if you have a video/recipe for goat's milk face cream? As a woman in my late forties I could really use it lol. Thanks Kathleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...